ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF, AND AGREEMENT TO, SPECIAL RULES FOR 2020
- Redwood Ski Lodge has put in place a number of additional measures and rules for the 2020 season for the safety of residents in the current COVID-19 environment. These measures have been carefully thought-through to minimise the risk of residents or their guests becoming infected with COVID-19.
- In order for your booking to be confirmed, you must sign below to acknowledge that you are: 1. aware of these 2020 Special Rules and 2. further agree to abide by them for the safety of not only yourself and your party, but other residents and their families at home.
- COVID-19 Coordinator: Each week a designated “COVID-19 Coordinator” will be responsible for ensuring that all lodge residents are aware of the special 2020 Rules that must be adhered to and to coordinate allocation of tasks necessary in this 2020 season. All residents are required to follow the Special Rules as explained to them by the relevant COVID-19 Coordinator (including key rules detailed below) and using the materials provided to them by the Lodge.
- Entry (Check-in) time: Residents are not to arrive at the Lodge any earlier than 1.00pm for the 2020 Season. This is to allow ample time for departing residents to undertake the additional sanitising / disinfecting procedures that are required this season and for cleaned / disinfected surfaces to dry.
- Arrival at the lodge: On entry to the Lodge, all residents must use the alcohol hand sanitiser provided before entering or using the electronic keypad to unlock the door. This is a high-touch surface. Hands must be washed at the laundry hand-washing station before heading upstairs.
- Bathrooms & Toilets: All residents will be allocated a bathroom and toilet based on the specific groups for that week. All residents agree that they will not, under any circumstances, use another bathroom or toilet for the duration of the week. This includes use of the basement toilet which will be for the exclusive use of the Family Room for the 2020 season.
- Dining Room: Based on the groupings / parties staying in the lodge that week, the COVID Coordinator will facilitate a discussion about allocating one of the dining areas for use by each group. If there are more than two relevant groupings, this may include rostering to ensure no overlap and time to sanitise table and chair surfaces between sittings. Residents agree to only use their designated dining area.
- Kitchen: Redwood’s kitchen has two distinct cooking areas (sides). Based on the groupings / parties staying in the lodge that week, the COVID Coordinator will facilitate a discussion about allocating one of the dining areas for use by each group and rostering use of the kitchen. All parties MUST do their own dishwashing immediately with dishes dried and put away. No dishes to be left in the sink area at any time.
- Lounge area: Social distancing is one of the most important aspects to keep residents safe from COVID-19. Based on the groupings / parties staying in the lodge that week, the COVID Coordinator will facilitate a discussion about allocating one side of the lounge area for use by each group.
- Cleaning Surfaces: High-touch surfaces shall be cleaned at least twice daily using Isopropyl Alcohol to minimise risk of contamination. These include door handles for sliding doors to common areas, fridge and microwave handles, entry keypad, kitchen benches, dining tables and lounge coffee tables.
- Drying Room: Only one family / group may be present in the drying room or boot room at any one time. This is to ensure social distancing in a high risk area.
- No guests: Only people staying in the lodge are allowed on the premises. No exceptions.
- Departure: By 10.00am. In addition to normal cleaning, all rooms surfaces, door handles and entry pads must be thoroughly cleaned using the Isopropyl Alcohol sanitising products provided. This is incredibly important. The COVID-19 Coordinator to allocate sanitising tasks and departure times.
A Key Reminder: This is not just about you and your level of concern. Redwood is a lodge of friends! Many may be more concerned than you, perhaps with compromised immunity or vulnerable family at home. Whatever your personal views of the risk, please accept the inconvenience and adhere to these extra rules for the 2020 Season. Don’t make someone else uncomfortable by needing to remind you.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY (FOR CLUBS WITHOUT RESIDENT MANAGERS)
- Redwood Ski Lodge has put in place a number of preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, the Club cannot guarantee that you, your guests or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Club could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The Club has adopted the World Health Organisation Interim Guide and Operation Considerations for COVID-19 Management in the Accommodation Sector. You must familiarise and comply with those guidelines and ensure your guests do the same. You will find a copy at https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/331638.
- You must also comply with all Federal and State Government social distancing requirements and guidelines including the requirement to remain at a distance of 1.5 metres from any other individual.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all your guests comply with all COVID-19 requirements.
- Any breach or non-compliance with any COVID-19 requirements may lead to a direction being issued to you and/or your guests to immediately leave the premises. If such a direction is issued, you must comply with it.
- By signing this form you agree to the above conditions and you also acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you or your guests may be exposed to or affected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability or death. You further understand that the risk of becoming exposed or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of yourself or others including but not limited to Club employees and volunteers.
- You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and to accept the sole responsibility for any injury to you or any of your guests which may experience or incur in connection with attendance at the Club’s premises. You hereby release, discharge and hold harmless Redwood Ski Lodge Cooperative, its Directors, agents and representatives of and from any claims including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on acts, omissions or negligence of the Redwood Ski Lodge, its Directors, agents and representatives whether the COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after your attendance at the Lodge premises.
- You further agree that if you or any of your guests display any flu-like symptoms, then you must immediately notify the Directors and your party must leave the lodge in order to be able to self-isolate for the safety of others.